Friday, July 06, 2007

Check your check

I received a check(cheque) for $2.99!! Woohooo!!
That was for a rebate for Jason's bottle of gel spray which I curiously mailed in to see if they would actually send me a check. Ofcourse I totally forgot about it and after about 4 weeks the check(cheque) came in the mail.

Now, to deposit that check(cheque), I'd have to drive 13 miles (20.93 km) to our nearest bank.
Nah.. not worth it.

P/S : I learnt that cheque is spelled as check here. So if I were to say "Please check that check so that I can check the box to note that you have received the check"
Makes sense? I didn't think so.

2 comments:

Jason said...

If you spell it that way, you'd have to pronounce it CHEK'-yoo. The only thing worse than the Limeys sticking extra 'u's in words is the Frogs putting 'que' where a 'k' works just as well. We're working on killing off the stupid 'eaux' and replacing it with 'o', too.

eaf said...

Methinks your beau ('scuse me... "bo") is a wee bit anti-franco, eh? ;-)

I always cash those checks... just wait until you have to go to the bank for something else and toss it in the pile.

After all, that's a Starbucks coffee right there... and you took the time to jump through their hoops... you more than earned it.