Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy 4th July!

I spent the day with my in-laws as Jason was out of town. We went to Lowes and Walmart to check if they had any 4th July sale. And ended up buying a Red Bud tree in Lowes because it was 75% off. Jason will probably flip when he finds out that we now have another tree because he had made it clear that we will not be digging anymore holes in his yard. The tree is now being nurtured at my in-law's house until it is strong enough to be transplanted into our yard...or until my husband decides not to flip. Until then, I will wash my hands off this case.
We also bought 5 bags of river rocks and put them around the crape myrtle trees. And cut up black mesh to be put around the shrubs in the front of the house to prevent weeds from growing around the shrubs. And added more pine straws.
Did I forget to mention that we were doing all this in the scorching 98 degrees F ?
I think I will stay indoors and hibernate for the next 3 days.

In the evening, we went to Matthews and camped out in Stumptown park with our little picnic basket and listened to the band of Gold spinning music from the 70's, 80's, and plenty of beach music. It was nice. And the crowd started going up to join in the line dancing and shags.
Almost everyone was dressed in patriotic red, blue and white attire.

I came home and was about to collapse on the bed when I heard fireworks outside. So I went out on the balcony and watched the colorful spectacle. Fireworks displays always gives me a warm fuzzy feeeling.
A nice end to a long fun-filled weekend.

No comments: