Monday, July 24, 2006

It's only Monday????

Both Jason and I have been feeling stressed about work. The feeling is beginning to consume us both and Jason has been talking about taking a few days off. I know he needs a break. I do too. I have been feeling my one year itch. A vacation is overdue. Every year, I make it a point to go somewhere during this time of the year. Just to experience a different culture, breathe a different air, and have a different view. In short, just to get away. But this year, it ain't going to happen. Partly because we are quite broke. And also I do not have any vacation days off since I am only working 30 hours a week. And whatever limited days that I can take off towards the end of the year, I want to save them for when my parents come for a visit.
So I'm stuck. I will console myself by saying good things come to those who wait. In the meantime, I hope I don't lose my sanity.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes little weekend trips are nice...leave on Friday afternoon, come back on Sunday night. You could go to DC, Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Charleston, etc... lots of good destinations within driving distance.

Anonymous said...

Wait...I forgot. You don't like cars a whole lot. Well, maybe cash in Jason's miles?

Bern said...

Good idea about cashing in Jason's miles!
Well, since we'll be taking my parents to Williamsburg and Charleston and Myrtle Beach, we'll just wait till they come here.