Wednesday, July 05, 2006

She has gone towards the light at the end of the tunnel

Grandma (Jason's dad's mom) passed away a few minutes ago, after a long struggle with stroke which slowly took over her body and her life. I met her for the first time in November 2004 and I remember her first words to me were "Jason is a good boy. He was the cutest and sweetest baby ever".
It has been a blessing to have met her and know her, albeit for a brief period.
The second stroke totally claimed her entire body, leaving her immobile and speechless but left her mind intact. I do not know which is more cruel.
I am glad the struggle is over for her and that she is now no longer in pain. It is always sad to see someone go. Goodbyes are always difficult. But she is now in a better place.
May she rest in peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my condolences.