Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Customer Service

We usually do our groceries in Food Lion nowadays because it is the closest grocery store to our home. Last weekend, we were there as usual and I walked over to the Customer Service counter at the front of the store to apply for a new MVP card because Jason's existing MVP card was tattered and the bar code on it is almost unreadable.
The same grouchy sullen face Customer Service lady was there. The same one whom we had to bear with when we exchanged our CoinStar receipt to get our money a few weeks ago.Well, I was wondering if she'll be in a better mood today.

Nope.

Still sullen.

Maybe she has her period. (again?)

She was grouchier than the last time. Not only grouchier, but RUDE.

It was a "What do you want Ma'am"? Instead of a "Can I help you, Ma'am"
And then... "No, we DO NOT have a MVP card"(in raised voice), and she WALKED away before I could say anything else.
(Blink, Blink) Me confused. Still holding MVP membership form in my hand.
So, if the Customer Service Counter does not have a MVP card, who does? The Butcher? The Bakery? The sushi-maker?

I came home. Went online to their website to apply for a MVP card. After filling up the form online, it said :
1. Fill out the membership form.
2. Take your completed form to the store office in the front of the store.
3. Receive your new MVP Card and 2 Key Tags.

Maybe I'll bring this printed form back to Ms Sullen Face and see what she says.

Kudos Food Lion! Excellent Customer Service. NOT.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Complain to her manager.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, you'll be surrounded by Harris Teeters in no time - they reproduce around Union County like crazy.

Bern said...

The HT which is a 5 min walk from our place will be opening in 2008!! Hopefully we are still living in the same neighborhood by then!

Jessica said...

I hate when people who have job that pretty much solely consists of being nice to me are rude to me. I HATE that.
I would definitely complain to her manager.
What a beeeeeeeyotch. Just because she hates her job doesn't mean she can suck at it.