Friday, May 05, 2006

The wave, the cat and no sleep!

Trouble decided he had to wake us up at 6.17am today!! And he was persistent about it. I mean, REALLY persistent. He would not stop meowing and prancing around like a crazy horse. Then when he saw how oblivious we tried to be to all his antics, he jumped on the bed and literally stepped all over me, giving me a cat-like shiatsu massage. I do not know why he chose me instead of my sleeping husband. Probably he knows I'm a softie and will provide him with servant-like service. And my husband can sleep through all that nuisance behaviour.
So the softie in me made me get up and the crazy cat led me downstairs. I checked his bowl - Got food. Got water. So what does he want?? I looked back and saw him patting the french doors, asking to be let out. So that's what he desperately wants at 6.30 this morning. To go outside for some fresh air and get his morning yoga stretches. Well, part of the reason we built the fence was so that the cat can go outside, so I can't blame the cat for wanting to go out can I?

Ironically, I just read about how Jessey's cat brought home a "dinosaur". Maybe building a fence wasn't such a good idea after all!! I have a fear of lizards. I mean a HUGE insanely irrational fear of lizards. I cannot even stay in the same room with a lizard.

Anyways, Trouble did wake me up and saved me from a tiresome dream where I had to ride the waves by walking on water as fast as I could to stay afloat and holding a cast iron wok in one hand. I had to "walk" to another island to escape. It was a live or die kinda dream. If you are reading this and can interpret dreams, drop me a comment.

6 comments:

Jason said...

You are such a sucker for that cat. Throw a pillow at him next time.

Jessica said...

We put in a little kitty door so we won't get the service calls. Unfortunately, that door is also the bird, lizard, mouse delivery door through which our little darlings bring us their thoughtful presents.
Ew.
PS. I'm deathly afraid of birds, creeped out by lizards and freaked out by mice. I'm in trouble.
I just call my husband in to get the treat or I pack up the kids and leave the house and wait to come home until Bob is here.
Ew. Ew.

Bern said...

Jessey, I'm in the same boat as you. Lizards(Ew.Ew) Mice (Ew),Frogs (Ew), Snakes (Ew)
I'm not so deathly afraid of birds but I wouldn't want to touch a dead bird.

Jessica said...

In my mind, the only good bird is a dead bird. Or Big Bird.

I have a serious phobia of birds. It's not sane. I get a little weak and queasy when a bird gets too close to me...it's not pretty.

eaf said...

I have the same fear of monkeys. Mainly chimps, but all monkeys really. Good thing our cat is unlikely to catch one of those. :-)

Jessica said...

Fear of monkeys?
I think that's a new one.
Do you skip the primate section at the zoo? I can't imagine this comes up much in daily life!