Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Run Forest, Run!!

Trouble ran away yesterday. We only realised he was missing when Jason came home from work and saw the back gate to the yard wide open. I usually let him out into the yard in the afternoon. And I remember seeing him when my mother-in-law came by around 4pm. And I saw him again when I pushed the garbage bin back into the yard. Somehow, the latch on the gate must've come loose after I pushed the garbage bin in.

So he probably has been loose for about an hour. Can't blame him for wandering off. I'm sure he was tempted to have a go at freedom. Who wouldn't?

As much as I often say I hate that obnoxious cat, truth is, he is a part of my life. And for one minute there, I just could not imagine what it would be like not having Trouble around anymore. He has been a consolation when Jason is out of town. Heck, I even talk to him, and crazily enough, I think he understands.

So Jason and I spent atleast an hour walking around the neighborhood in the scorching hot sun looking for that cat. We asked neighbors, and even trespassed into their backyards to search for him. No sign.
Almost giving up, we decided to have one last try and decided to drive around this time. Still no sign. My heart dropped. Oh why didn't I check to make sure the gate was latched properly??

Then as we were pulling into the driveway, we saw him sitting in the center of the garage. The same obnoxious look on his face. I jumped out of the car. And he trotted to the backdoor, as if to say "Let me inside. I'm hot"

I almost strangled the cat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor baby! he's ok now? must have been some adventure.

Jason said...

Bernie's not quite telling the truth about her feelings for the cat.

She accidentally referred to him as "our cat" the other day.

She has a bond with that cat. He sleeps at her feet every night.

Anonymous said...

haha! my mum used to hate our cat furball when we first had him. then before we know it, he bacame her favourite child. sleeping with her in the aircon room. my siblings and i have no qualms that if push comes to shove, mum will pick furball over us anyday. so much for disliking the cat in the first place.

p/s hope trouble is not traumatised by his little adventure.