Saturday, May 06, 2006

I want to ride my bicycle

Jason and I tested some bicycles in Target on Thursday to find out what size fits me best. Spring is here and we've been dying to go riding in the neighborhood and maybe on some nature trails.
On Friday, we were casually talking over dinner and I said "Let's do away with buying each other gifts on our Anniversary and just go out and have a nice dinner or have a little getaway".
Jason was silent. No expression. Nothing. Zilch.
After a few minutes, he said "What if I want to get you something anyway?"
I said " Nah, then I would have to buy you something too. And you already have everything"

So since we could not find any good movies to watch and neither of us wanted to watch MI-3 because Tom Cruise has turned into weirdo, we decided to go over to my in-law's place and watch Narnia on their DVD.

We pulled into their garage and he said "Well, since you said you didn't want any gifts for our anniversary.. so I shall not have to wait to give you this..."
And he pulls out a spanking new blue bicycle from out of nowhere.
I was flabbergasted. Where and when did he get that bicycle and how did it end up in my in-law's place?
Apparently my sneaky husband had gone to Walmart on the way home from work on Friday, bought the bike and drove over to his parent's place to hide it there.
I should've known he was up to something when he wanted me to try on bikes on Thursday.

That explains why he went silent for a minute when I said "Let's do away with buying each other gifts on our anniversary"... because he had just gone to buy one.
Love my husband! Can't wait to ride my bike!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your hubby is so romantic!!

how time flies! can't believed that your anniversary is just round the corner. it was one of the best and most fun wedding i ever attended.

Bern said...

I can't believe it myself! This year just flew by REAL fast!

Fiona said...

Awww, sugar-coated super sweet!!!!

Wow, a year already! Indeed time flies!! It was indeed a great wedding. ;-D

Jessica said...

That's very sweet!
I love crafty secretive presents.

For my last birthday, I got $100.
Whoo.