Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The grass gets a haircut

The tall straggly grass in our side yard is beginning to worry and annoy me. Trouble loves to sit on the grass and goodness knows what's lurking beneath it. Today, I decided I cannot wait for my husband to come home from Georgia to mow it. So I shall do it myself. I haven't had much, or should I say ANY, experience in mowing grass. Mowing grass in Malaysia is indeed very rare. I used to live in a condominium with no grass to mow. The grass you see in this picture belongs to the park behind my condo. where I used to go and feed the fishes in the pond. Gone were the days when I took nice green grass like this for granted.


So I pulled on the string and prayed it would start. It did and I mowed away..Well, it wasn't so bad as I thought. I may not have done a perfect job but atleast the yard is not an eye sore anymore.
I have just proved that petite Malaysian girls can handle a Troy-Bilt push mower. It did worry me a little initially because should the lawn mower eat me up or should it pull me under its blades, no one will hear me shout for help and I'll just die in my own yard. (Not such a bad idea actually). But I am still alive.
This does not mean I shall take sole responsibility for mowing grass in our yard every week. Gotta leave some chore for The Man to do!!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I'll just say it now.
THANK GOD we have NO grass!

I love the SMELL of fresh cut grass, but the labor involved...that's not my bag, baby.

Jason said...

I don't know whether to be proud or mad.

Anonymous said...

you go girl!

One up for petite Malaysian girls!! - Melissa